Recruitment specialists in technical roles for the clothing and footwear industries:
creating perfect client-candidate matches globally.
Our mission is to provide an open and honest professional service that succeeds in helping both our candidates to fulfil their potential and our clients to achieve their goals.
Working internationally our clients include brands, multiple retailers, manufacturers and suppliers to the industry, from fashion and luxury product to outdoor performance and sportswear.
With extensive experience in management and technical roles in a variety of organisations from high street suppliers to global brands, our director Julia Woodhouse has a unique feel for the requirements of organisations across the breadth of the industry and understands the necessity of achieving the perfect fit of candidate to client.
Specialising in technical roles throughout the apparel industry, from entry-level through to executive level, our recruitment projects include:-
OPTIMUM SERVICE LEVEL
We take pride in providing reliable personal service to both our candidates and clients.
Free CV Consultation
Upload your CV today and benefit from our Free CV Consultation Service.
Over the past year Julia at Active Apparel Recruitment has found me two invaluable members of our team at Cookson & Clegg - a Technical Assistant and a Pattern Cutter - who came with the perfect balance of product knowledge and expertise to help grow our business at a crucial time. I was impressed by her ability to find the talent I needed quickly, and with the exceptionally high level of service provided. I am very happy to recommend her to any company looking to grow their team and look forward to working with her again in the future.
I can't thank Active Apparel and Julia enough! I graduated last year and was looking for a job for months following my graduation. I didn't know much about recruitment agencies, I thought they just pointed you in the right direction. However the support and help I received from Julia in particular was amazing. She helped me right through to my first day at my new job! The advice and confidence she gave me is second to none. Super friendly and helpful, again can't thank her enough.
This rapidly growing online sportswear business, who design, manufacture and retail sportswear under their own brand name, are currently looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join the team.
This is a senior level position requiring an expert in their field who combines creativity with the ability to follow brand guidelines whilst simultaneously pushing the brand forward and striving for innovation.
Responsibilities will include:-
• The management of all branding assets
• Design and create any printed branded materials such as flyers, business cards, letterheads, postal bags, posters etc. and make sure they adhere to the brand guidelines
• Conceptualise and design emails, marketing materials and website design using visuals and HTML
• Manage all product photography retouching. Creating suitable product images ready for distribution via all sales channels - Amazon, eBay and website
• Design and manage product listings that appear on eBay. Including all additional supporting elements such us size guides, cross sale images, web banners, animated web banners, Instagram and HTML built listings
• Work with Product Design and Development teams to create trim elements for all products including swing tags, wash labels, neck tapes, prints, back neck labels etc.
• Assist in thinking of creative ways to market the brand and how to push the brand forward
The ideal candidate will:-
• A degree level relevant qualification, passion for design, creative flair and at least 4 years’ graphic design experience
• A flexible approach when working in a team, along with a collaborative mindset and openness to feedback
• Excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs
• Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to Director and colleagues
• Strong time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
• Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs
• Advanced knowledge of Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
• Effective networking skills to build contacts and develop working relationships
• Motion graphics knowledge and use of After Effects and Premier would be an advantage
• Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3 would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be rewarded a competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience), and with an extremely high level of responsibility, must be highly experienced and trustworthy. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the future of a rapidly growing company.
We’re delighted to be working with the fastest growing UK company of 2016 as they develop and grow their team. Currently this hugely successful fitness apparel brand is pushing forward with new projects and are looking for experienced Garment Technologists to join the team. There are two positions available, one for menswear, another for womenswear.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager and working closely with the design team, the role will involve:-
- Fitting all garments in your range to a high standard, and ensuring accurate information on requirements is understood by suppliers
- Creating tech packs and size specs efficiently and accurately to ensure as smooth development as possible
- Carrying out technical investigative work to ensure product meets the best possible quality standards
- Developing strong relationships with factories and suppliers in the UK and overseas
- Analysing test reports, finding solutions, recommending corrective actions where necessary
- Prioritising work according to critical path, keeping critical paths up to date and communicating changes to colleagues in merchandising and product teams
- Working closely with buyers and designers, collaborating to determine best fabric and trim combinations and advise on construction
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in innovation in performancewear and enjoy keeping up to date on new developments in active apparel, and will have:-
- A relevant degree-level qualification and around 2 to 4 years’ experience in industry
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction and production methods, particularly on knitted fabrics and ideally within sportswear
- Strong understanding of fabric technology, construction, testing and quality standards
- Knowledge and understanding of design and technical specifications
- Understanding of pattern making, grading, size specs and how to measure garments
- Strong attention to detail
- Great organisational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Fully computer literate, particularly in Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to develop their career, at an exciting time to join this dynamic, spirited team and contribute to the ongoing expansion of this highly-successful business. In return the role offers a competitive salary and real opportunity for progression.