Recruitment specialists in technical roles for the clothing and footwear industries:
creating perfect client-candidate matches globally.
Our mission is to provide an open and honest professional service that succeeds in helping both our candidates to fulfil their potential and our clients to achieve their goals.
Working internationally our clients include brands, multiple retailers, manufacturers and suppliers to the industry, from fashion and luxury product to outdoor performance and sportswear.
With extensive experience in management and technical roles in a variety of organisations from high street suppliers to global brands, our director Julia Woodhouse has a unique feel for the requirements of organisations across the breadth of the industry and understands the necessity of achieving the perfect fit of candidate to client.
Specialising in technical roles throughout the apparel industry, from entry-level through to executive level, our recruitment projects include:-
OPTIMUM SERVICE LEVEL
We take pride in providing reliable personal service to both our candidates and clients.
Free CV Consultation
Upload your CV today and benefit from our Free CV Consultation Service.
Over the past year Julia at Active Apparel Recruitment has found me two invaluable members of our team at Cookson & Clegg - a Technical Assistant and a Pattern Cutter - who came with the perfect balance of product knowledge and expertise to help grow our business at a crucial time. I was impressed by her ability to find the talent I needed quickly, and with the exceptionally high level of service provided. I am very happy to recommend her to any company looking to grow their team and look forward to working with her again in the future.
I can't thank Active Apparel and Julia enough! I graduated last year and was looking for a job for months following my graduation. I didn't know much about recruitment agencies, I thought they just pointed you in the right direction. However the support and help I received from Julia in particular was amazing. She helped me right through to my first day at my new job! The advice and confidence she gave me is second to none. Super friendly and helpful, again can't thank her enough.
We are delighted to continue our recruitment partnership with the fastest growing company of 2016 as they expand their design and development team. They are looking for a talented Menswear Designer with a visionary innovative approach who will join them as they strive to create apparel which aids the attainment of fitness goals, whether the focus is on design, fit, fabric or technology.
- Designing commercial, innovative and cohesive ranges by working to a product brief, range plan and target price points.
- Keeping up to date with trends and innovations and responding to latest industry developments through trade shows / comp shop reports / collating internet prediction information.
- Researching and recognising any key similarities or differences between markets across the globe.
- Creating commercial colour palettes and seasonal key stories, making sure global target market requirements are met.
- Providing a clear fabric direction brief to manufacturing partners for sourcing which including technical performance fabrics development.
- Ensuring consistent branding message and relevant use of primary and sub brand logos.
- Working to corporate calendar dates to achieve deadlines.
- Liaising with Buyers and Merchandisers to understand commercial impact of past and current products.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Experience in the activewear industry, ideally within a brand.
- A relevant degree-level qualification.
- Strong organisational skills with a professional mindset.
- High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work outside of the job boundaries as necessary.
- A team player, happy to work along with or on a small team.
- Commercially aware and able to think strategically.
- Passionate about product with an eye for detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, at an exciting time to join this spirited team and be part of the continuing growth of the business, and offers a competitive salary which is negotiable dependent on experience.
Due to growth, this rapidly expanding online sportswear retailer is seeking an experienced Garment Technologist. The company has grown from a small specialist e-commerce retailer into a sportswear company providing ranges for men, women and children, and are currently implementing plans for growth both nationally and internationally.
Working closely with the Designer, Product Developer and Production Manager, and reporting to the Managing Director, the role will include:-
- ensuring the tech pack is accurate and up-to-date throughout the sealing process
- running fit sessions and working closely with suppliers to ensure necessary amendments understood
- creating and grading detailed size specs, and resolving fit issues with suppliers
- ensuring suppliers understand quality standards, working with them to resolve issues
- responsibility for testing base fabrics, prints and garments, arranging wash tests & wearer trials
- developing new blocks as necessary
- keeping up-to-date with developments and innovation within the marketplace
The ideal candidate would have:-
- experience of working in a similar role with sportswear
- understanding of performance fabrics and sportswear construction methods
- experience of fitting garments and understanding of pattern cutting
- strong pattern cutting and grading knowledge
- an affinity for teamworking and collaborating with colleagues
- problem-solving abilities – flexibility and adaptability
- ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
As part of a close-knit hardworking team, this is a great opportunity for a candidate who is ambitious and passionate about product to play an integral part in the ongoing success of this young brand. The role offers huge potential for growth; salary is negotiable dependent on experience.