Recruitment specialists in technical roles for the clothing and footwear industries:
creating perfect client-candidate matches globally.
Our mission is to provide an open and honest professional service that succeeds in helping both our candidates to fulfil their potential and our clients to achieve their goals.
Working internationally our clients include brands, multiple retailers, manufacturers and suppliers to the industry, from fashion and luxury product to outdoor performance and sportswear.
With extensive experience in management and technical roles in a variety of organisations from high street suppliers to global brands, our director Julia Woodhouse has a unique feel for the requirements of organisations across the breadth of the industry and understands the necessity of achieving the perfect fit of candidate to client.
Specialising in technical roles throughout the apparel industry, from entry-level through to executive level, our recruitment projects include:-
OPTIMUM SERVICE LEVEL
We take pride in providing reliable personal service to both our candidates and clients.
Free CV Consultation
Upload your CV today and benefit from our Free CV Consultation Service.
Over the past year Julia at Active Apparel Recruitment has found me two invaluable members of our team at Cookson & Clegg - a Technical Assistant and a Pattern Cutter - who came with the perfect balance of product knowledge and expertise to help grow our business at a crucial time. I was impressed by her ability to find the talent I needed quickly, and with the exceptionally high level of service provided. I am very happy to recommend her to any company looking to grow their team and look forward to working with her again in the future.
I can't thank Active Apparel and Julia enough! I graduated last year and was looking for a job for months following my graduation. I didn't know much about recruitment agencies, I thought they just pointed you in the right direction. However the support and help I received from Julia in particular was amazing. She helped me right through to my first day at my new job! The advice and confidence she gave me is second to none. Super friendly and helpful, again can't thank her enough.
One of the leading Global intimate apparel manufacturers, who design, develop and produce garments of outstanding quality for their customers in the US, Europe and Asia, are currently looking for a Technical Services Manager to join the team at their Product Development Centre in Shenzhen.
In the senior-level role you will be leading your Technical Managers and their teams to achieve excellence in industrialisation. Responsibilities will include:-
- Redesigning the processes and operations of the technical and sampling facility
- Building capacity and capabilities in process improvements, innovations and machinery technology
- Managing the facility to achieve commercial objectives and optimum operation efficiency
- Working with the Industrial Engineering team to introduce the use of a standardised minute value system for cost engineering
The ideal candidate would have:-
- Degree-level education in relevant subject
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in apparel manufacturing / production / technical functions
- At least five years’ experience within a lingerie manufacturing unit and strong knowledge in bra construction and performance of relevant materials
- An analytical and strategic approach with experience of managing change
- Strong leadership skills, along with team-building, communication, negotiation and persuasive abilities are important for this role
- Knowledge of industrial engineering
A generous salary package is offered with this role; further information including details on salary package and benefits will be discussed with successful applicants.
This rapidly growing online sportswear business, who design, manufacture and retail sportswear under their own brand name, are currently looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join the team.
Responsibilities will include:-
• The management of all branding assets
• Design and create any printed branded materials such as flyers, business cards, letterheads, postal bags, posters etc. and make sure they adhere to the brand guidelines
• Conceptualise and design emails, marketing materials and website design using visuals and HTML
• Manage all product photography retouching. Creating suitable product images ready for distribution via all sales channels - Amazon, eBay and website
• Design and manage product listings that appear on eBay. Including all additional supporting elements such us size guides, cross sale images, web banners, animated web banners, Instagram and HTML built listings
• Work with Product Design and Development teams to create trim elements for all products including swing tags, wash labels, neck tapes, prints, back neck labels etc.
• Assist in thinking of creative ways to market the brand and how to push the brand forward
The ideal candidate will:-
• A degree level relevant qualification, passion for design, creative flair and at least 4 years’ graphic design experience
• A flexible approach when working in a team, along with a collaborative mindset and openness to feedback
• Excellent communication skills in order to interpret and negotiate briefs
• Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to Director and colleagues
• Strong time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
• Accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs
• Advanced knowledge of Creative Cloud software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
• Effective networking skills to build contacts and develop working relationships
• Motion graphics knowledge and use of After Effects and Premier would be an advantage
• Knowledge of HTML 5 and CSS 3 would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be rewarded a competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience), and with an extremely high level of responsibility, must be highly experienced and trustworthy. This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the future of a rapidly growing company.